Wednesday, August 25, 2010

The Garden



At its peak. Zucchini on the right, cucumbers on the left, maters standin tall in back. There is also potatoes behind the zukes and cabbage behind the cukes. I had to pull out all the zukes a coupla weeks ago cuz I got infested with squash bugs and borers. I also have a lima bean on the metal frame in the back right. It has just hung out, a tiny little thing, all summer, but all of a sudden, its growing. It had flowers today..! Might get a pod or two yet, we'll see. 
Gonna start working on my fall garden in the next week or so. I've told all my neighbors to feel free to pick all the maters & cukes they want as those plants are dying back. I've still got somewhere around 30 tomatoes in various stages of maturity and many, many more flowers. I hate to cut them down while they're still producing! Looking forward to starting my new stuff tho!

No comments: