Sunday, August 31, 2008

Apple Festival

I went to the Apple Festival in Hendersonville, NC yesterday. I got a bag of the honeycrisp apples I love so much. They're my favs, but they sold out early last year and I was so disappointed. I went with 2 friends and we had a great time. Once we left there, we went to Saluda, NC for dinner, then rode down to Poinsett Bridge. It was part of the original road that connected Greenville, SC with Ashville, NC. It was just beautiful out there....hot, humid & beautiful. I found out why it's not a good idea to go climbing over rocks, tree roots and a creek in ballet slippers--even if they are camouflage. Weez didn't care whatsoever for the idea of climbing all over the bridge so stayed in the car. Another car with 4-5 young guys (18-22) drove up and parked and since her window was open, told her that the area was haunted so it was a good idea to not be there after dark. She told them she was really hoping to be out of there shortly! When we got back, she told us what they had said, but was more upset because they called her "Maam". I told her we'd reached that age where we are no longer "Honey or Babe". Sad, but true. I'm beginning to understand why people have plastic surgery...!
I got a lot of great pics tho and have worked on them today for a couple of hours...after doing housework for all morning and early afternoon. I hate housework. Added a few more things to my website under the "Digital Photos" section. I got some incredible flower pics yesterday too in downtown Saluda. I'd never been to Saluda before.
Just a cool day all the way around.



2 comments:

Sunny said...

Awesome- cant wait to see the pics!!!!

Sunny said...

Have you tried out the Apple Pie recipe yet?

I've never heard of Honey-crisp Apples but they SOUND divine!!!
I usually use Granny Smiths for cooking and eat Golden Delicious raw.

Apples and cinnamon....Does ANYTHING say End of Summer and Beginning of Autumn better?
I don't think so.