Tuesday, April 27, 2010

My boy, Bacchus


He's home. I worked all night Sun and got off work at 7am on Mon. I went to breakfast, then picked him up at 9am. He did not like the carrier at all, but I can't say I blame him. I brought him home and held him for a few minutes, but he was more interested in going out on the deck with Tibbe & Liu-Liu. I piled up in the recliner planning on getting a little sleep. About the time I dozed, he crawled up on the arm of the chair and woke me. He crawled onto me and just started purring so loud. I just held him and let him sleep while I held him. Poor baby was so happy to be back home, and I like to think with me. I wound up with very little sleep, but with a happy, well loved little guy. He is still on meds. One is a powder that I sprinkle on his food and the other is a pill. OMG...have you ever tried to make a cat swallow a pill? He threw me all around the kitchen. These pills are to keep him calm, but getting him to take it greatly upsets me & him! I tried hiding them in his (wet) food, but he ate all around them and left them sticking out of the food. I went to Petsmart today and got a pill pocket-you hide the pill inside this tasty treat-great idea in theory. He wolfed up the treat and spit the pill back out. I gotta call the vet and see if I can crush it up and sprinkle this on is food too. I don't think I can go through this every night and he is supposedly going to be on these for life. I'm just so glad to have him with me again. He slept curled up at my side last night and up until about 2 mins ago, was curled up on the recliner with me. He's such a sweet little guy!

1 comment:

Sunny said...

Oh Lord...my friend Lois had a cat who had to take those pills every day too- and she had the same problem getting them IN him.
I'll ask her too.......or friend her from my FB page- and ask her yourself!! She wont mind at all- I been telling her all about you and the adventurous kitties!!!
Y'all have a lot in common too- she's a photographer too, has..no had- three kitties too. Khabi recently left them from a medical condition.
Oh- and Cece...Thanks for the rolled tape idea- the cats HATE it and havent climbed in my plants ONCE since I did that!!!
You're a lifesaver!!!!