Friday, May 28, 2010

My Little Garden

I'm so proud! I'll be even prouder if stuff grows!

I have tomatoes, romas & better boys (?), 7-8 squash and zucchini plants, corn-that is now waist high, ichaban eggplant, carrots, potatoes, spinach, cabbage and onions. I plan to start some bean seeds in the next day or so--limas, soy & purple eye peas. I'm thinking about butterbeans too. I love beans and one of my favs is anasazi beans. I have some dry ones....wonder if I can sprout and grow those too?? Worth a shot! I've been looking at fall crops too. My spinach is not doing too good, but it is a cooler weather crop so I may try them again for fall. I am definately trying brussels sprouts in fall too...my fav veggie! 

5 comments:

Sunny said...

Sounds YUMMY!!!!!
i LOVE fresh veggies from your very own garden. When i was growing up we had about 4 of our 9 acres planted in veggies and fruits.
I tried to plant a garden a couple years ago....it was a complete and utter disaster!!

You seem to have a GREEN THUMB!!!

Sunny said...

So how's that garden going, Cece??

Those Zuchinni you brought us were DA BOMB!!
A little olive oil, and some sea-salt and fresh ground black pepper on the grill!! MMMMmmmmmmMMMM!
I love yellow crooked neck squash that way too- just brushed with a bit of REAL butter instead of the olive oil!!!

Fried corn???YUM!!
I got a few peaches at the supermarket today- may make us a little peach cobbler later on this week!!! Peach cobbler is the BEST!!!...well and apple.......and cherry.......and blackberry.....and strawberry-rhubarb......and blueberry. Oh my gosh- I just LOVE FRUIT cobblers!!!
OmmmmmNommmmmmmmmNommmmmmmm!!!!

Seacat said...

Glad you enjoyed them! OMG.....the garden is crazy! The corn didn't work out so good, but my guy at Home Depot is going to give me a lecture in growing corn the next time I see him. I've had muchos tomatoes and still have 25-30 at different maturity levels on the plants, Zucchini still producing, Egglant, Cucumbers growing, and dug up some potatoes but still have a bunch of those to dig up. I'm loving this. Time to start the Fall crops in mid-July to Early Aug. Just call me Farmer CeCe!

Seacat said...

Oh yeah....have Cabbage & Onions too. Haven't dug any onions yet. Gonna start Shallots, Garlic, more Cabbage and Brussels Sprouts for Fall....!!

Sunny said...

YUM!!!!!!!! Farmer Cece!!!!

Got our date for Bios... Charleston July 30.
TTYL!! Gotta run to work tonight!!
;-)