Thursday, December 25, 2008

Holidays, Family, Friends




Fun, fun, fun. Last night was great! Everyone one was there, except Alan-but he was at his mom's in Monroe, NC. We had the party at Rick's. I was supposed to work last night, but got a message on my cell to call a co-worker. I crossed my fingers and called and-sure enough-our last patient had gone and I didn't have to work. I called Rick and told him, but swore him to secrecy, so it was a big surprise when I came in the door. That was fun! I got to play with my little man Cody, who is now 21 months old. He was hilarious. All the adults drew names, but we all still bought Cody and Jess-who's only 14-gifts, and it was so much fun to watch Cody open them. He looked a little confused at first, but once his mom helped him open the 1st one, he caught on quickly to what was happening, and he ripped into them. One of the things I got him was a bucket of bubbles, so he and I went onto the front porch (it was raining) and I blew bubbles while he squealed and chased them. I tried to let him blow some, but he kept putting his lips ON the wand when he'd blow. He was just delighted by those bubbles and I had some much fun with him. I got Jess a telescope and he was very excited about that. He started out into the yard to set it up, but then saw the rain and decided to wait til tonight.  When we opened our presents, Kathy ended up with 2-1 from me & 1 from Alan- and Kim had none. Turns out when Case & Court wrote out the draw names slips, Court wrote "Mom" instead of "Kim" on the slip. So, I got "Kathy", Alan got "Mom", which he & Kim assumed meant Kathy. It was pretty funny and Kathy said she had no problem with the way it turned out! :-)  Kim was cool with it b/c she had a bunch of presents from Alan waiting on her once they got back home. Lookit my 2 handsome young men! Bye for now...

1 comment:

Sunny said...

How Adorable are THEY????

Glad you got to spend Christmas with your family Seacat!!!
This was the first time in 12 years I had been off to spend both Christmas Eve AND Christmas Day with my family.

Only problem was, My Paul got sick and didn't get to eat a single BITE of the Christmas Dinner I had done just for HIM!!
How ironic is THAT, I ask????