Monday, December 15, 2008

Holidays

I've spend the majority of the afternoon baking Christmas goodies. This is the first time ever I've done this completely by myself. It was kinda lonely. I started to call my niece and ask her if she wanted to do this with me, but this is her first Christmas as a married woman and maybe she wants to create her own traditions with Joe. I hate to intrude on her life. I know she'd never tell me if I was, because she's one of the sweetest, most kind-hearted people I've ever known, but I don't want to be a pain. Maybe I'm just feeling sorry for myself ..... This is not my favorite time of year anyway, so I just need to get a grip. I hate feeling self pity....everyone is capable of creating their own happiness if they want to. So, I'm going to shake it off, snuggle on the couch with my sweetie baby kitty Tibs, who has been sitting on my right staring at me the whole time I've been on the computer, and start counting all the reasons I have to be happy. And to remind myself how wonderful my life really is!! 

1 comment:

Sunny said...

I can't wait til Wednesday- from what I hear it's going to be a great party!!
So what ya making besides your famous fudge???
I usually have the strength to carry on when I'm feeling kinda sorry for myself- but yesterday I just LOST it Seacat. I was getting ready for work and something happened that was just the last straw and I just went and curled up in the bed, covered my head and cried my heart out. I just couldn't DEAL with it anymore....And I've cried off and on all night long at work too.
I DO have many things I'm blessed with- but sometimes all the things that aren't right with my world just pushes the good stuff out of sight....kinda behind that black cloud....and it's impossible to grab hold of the good reality again. I have to really hunt for it.....

Now it's time for a couple days off for me. Yay!!

BTW-If I hadn't had to work all weekend I would have been HAPPY to come join you in the baking.....or you could have come here !!! You're a Wonderful Friend Seacat....you've touched my heart like a friend-girl hasn't done in many, many years and you mean the world to me.
Merry Christmas Hun!!!!
And Happy Christmas to Tibby, Bachus, and Lulu, too!!!!!