Wednesday, February 4, 2009

I'm ooooollllllldddddd

OMG, my niece is 21 today! 21!!!!!!!!!!!
We had dinner, cake & ice cream at her place tonight. It just doesn't seem that long since she was a newborn--good natured, always happy and smiling-- then a toddler and one of her fav things to do was watch me catch ladybugs and let them walk across my hand, then hers. That would just delight her to no end. What happened to me putting her up on the counter so she could help me cook? To me and her spending the weekend together, going to the zoo, the park then climbing out on the rocks and sitting in the middle of the falls eating sandwiches? She's grown into such a lovely, intelligent young woman. Open-minded, caring, has her head and her life together. Newly married to such a wonderful young man who we all love dearly. I'm so proud of her and who she's become. But every now and then, I'd love to have one more weekend with her at 5, or 8, or 10.

1 comment:

Sunny said...

Think it's bad for you with it being your neice......I feel the exact same way about my kids.

Happy B-day To Neicey!!!