Sunday, February 1, 2009

Wonky Eye




I just like the word "wonky". But I do have a problem with my eye. I had a coughing fit 
(allergies?) 2 nights ago. I was on my way to bed, and it stopped by the time I got up stairs. After I got into bed, my left eye started itching and feeling like there was something in it, which goes along with my allergies. I kept rubbing it but it started hurting, so I left it alone. I dunno if I scratched in my sleep or not. I woke up yesterday morning and it was really hurting and I could tell it was swollen. I got up and checked it out in the mirror and it was bloody. My first thought was pink eye and I went downstairs to put in some drops from the last pink eye episode. Only, it didn't burn like crazy like it usually does. I hit the recliner to wait for my sister to come over and it just kept feeling weirder and weirder. I got up after 30 mins or so and and the white part of my eye was swollen, bagging and hanging over my lower lid. This scared me and I called Kim and asked here to come on so she could drive me to the doc. I went and got some ice, if it works for other swollen stuff, should work for eyeballs too, right?! By the time Kim got here, the swelling was almost completely gone. I wouldn't go to the doc b/c my vision wasn't affected and it had stopped hurting. Boy does it look bad tho. I think I ruptured a blood vessel during the coughing fit and rubbing it once I went to bed just made it bleed more.It looks better today...not great, but better. I now have some bruising under my left eye and a small reddish streak down my cheek, that will probably be bruising by tomorrow. Look at the pic. I included one with both eyes so you can compare.
Ha!    



3 comments:

Sunny said...

Ummmmmmm....Cin- you really should have that looked at anyway- a broken blood vessel in your eyes can cause a massive infection and that would cause some serious problems- including blindness.

Just to be on the safe side......

Seacat said...

I know, I should have seen a doc yesterday. I'm not having any vision changes, nor any heat in the area and it really does look better today. There's been no swelling today at all. I'm going to call the eye doc on Mon and set up an appointment. In the meantime, I'll keep a close (wonky) eye on it. I tore something in my throat a few years ago during one of these coughing spells (damn that asthma!). I felt the sharp pain and I spit blood for a couple of hours and had a very sore throat for a couple of days. These coughing spells can be pretty extreme!

Sunny said...

Ugh- yeah coughing is bad for my health too- they usually bring on Migraines for me tho.