Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Snow


Snooooow!!!
It snowed....an actual, ground covering snow, not the flurries we normally get. It started Sun evening, right before I left for work. I opened the door to leave and it was coming down hard. Everything was dusted. I ran by to get some sushi for dinner at work later and was only inside for about 20 mins, but when I came out OMG....we were under a blanket and it was snowing furiously. It was beautiful, but the roads were getting bad. I slid on Pelham, turning onto Patewood and when I turned into the entrance at work, I slid all the way across the entrance. I was able to park under the overhang behind the     
hospital, so my car was completely out of the snow--no scraping the next morning! I just hate it that I had to work. If I'd been home, I'd have drug Wanda & Deb out to build a snowman. I clocked in and grabbed my camera. I took over 120 pictures before my battery died. I ran down to change out the battery with my spare, but it was dead too!!!!! I usually leave one charged and in my camera bag-jic. I can't believe I forgot to charge it. Anyway got some great pics. I love snow--as long as I don't have to drive in it. Driving home Mon morning was a little hairy, roads were slick. There wasn't much traffic out, but there were police cars cruising everywhere. 
Crazy weather-5 inches of snow on Sun, but it's gonna be 70 degrees by Fri.                           
 

That's the south for you.



2 comments:

Sunny said...

Those are some beautiful photos girl!!
Keeping my fingers crossed for you in tthe contests!!! I know your work from personal experience and you certainly have some winners. MANY of them. Unforunately, that's the rub....you have so MANY it's hard to choose between them!!!!
And Judges are so fickle!!!!

Enjoy your days off hun...RELAX!!

Seacat said...

Thanks!!
The tree at the bottom was taken with my cell after my camera batteries died. It was so beautiful!