Sunday, April 19, 2009

Great Saturday

What a beautiful day yesterday was! This is the 1st day in about a month that I've been felt like and been able to get out and just...loafer all day. No extreme coughing jags, no getting tired after a few minutes, no asthma wheezing, no naps! 
I have a neighbor who works weekends, so I spend some saturdays, especially during this winter, with her son on his days to visit her. He called me yesterday and I invited him to go take pictures with me. We rolled down the windows, opened up the sunroof and enjoyed the sunshine. I went to Furman to take some pics, got some great ones of the water fountains and the lake, and enjoyed hanging with my 15 year old buddy. He's a great kid! He'd never been to the top of Paris Mtn, at the radio towers, so I took him there and got some more really great pics. I couldn't believe how many people were coming in and out up there while we were there. It is a beautiful spot to go and overlook the whole area, from Furman to Greer. 
I promised to take him to Poinsett Bridge next time. He liked that cuz it's supposed to be haunted! 
I had a poetry reading to go to at 8pm and his mom called once she got home, so I invited them to both go with me and my group. She couldn't, but let him go and she met us out at Barnes & Noble after. The poetry reading was by an ex-professor of my neice's and she had asked me to go. I'd never been to one before, and was excited about going and about meeting this prof that she and her husband think so highly of. I got there and met my usual gang, and the prof. He handed out flyers with copies of what he was going to read, and on the front, he had dedicated the reading to me!! That was exciting and a bit of an honor! He was really good, and after I got home, I e-mailed him one of my pics that one of his poems made me think of. He's going to go to my website and look at some more of my stuff to "get inspiration". How cool..??!! 
All in all, it was a great day!  
BTW....there will be another reading on May 16th at 8pm. If anyone reading is interested, let me know and I'll get directions to you.   

1 comment:

Sunny said...

Seacat- That sounds like a WONDERFUL weekend!!!

I'm so happy you got to get out and enjoy the beautiful weather and that you're finally feeling better!!!

Can't wait to see you again at work!!! Wouldn't you just know it- the next poetry reading is on my weekend to work as well!!!! I love poetry readings- it gives me another perspective on how others interpret it.

HUGZ!!!