Saturday, May 9, 2009

Movie Time

OMG...I went to see the new Star Trek movie tonight. Now, if you know me at all, I rarely will pay full price for a movie. The vast majority of the drivel that passes for movies these days are not worth paying matinee prices, much less full price. But, I went after our pre Mother's Day dinner, with my step-mom & youngest sister. It was physically painful for me to pay that price, but I have to say that it was well worth paying the full price to see. Watching the old Star Trek tv series is one of my fondest childhood memories. I loved that show then and I love the reruns now, when I can find them. The next "generations" were ok, but not as good as the original IMO. This movie stayed true to the characters personalities, the wordplay and the relationship / friendship / competition...and even included a large role for Capt. Pike---ok any trekkies, do you know Capt. Pike and his relationship to the crew and the old series..??
Needless to say, I highly recommend this movie, especially to those who loved the original series...you will not be disappointed.
I can't wait till it comes out on DVD!  

2 comments:

Sunny said...

True Trekkie here....I KNOW who and what Capt.Pike is.......Thanks for the heads up on the movie....I was debating whether or not to go see it for fear of it NOT keeping true to the series.

Seacat said...

Let me know if you want to go. Weezie wants to see it too and I'd LOVE to go back and see it a second time!