Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Cindy Moment

Okay, major Cindy type thing happened last night. I woke up at 4am-ish for a potty run. I, half asleep, stumble into the bathroom. Evidently my cat(s) have been trying to figure out what the heck the scales are and had pushed it out into the floor from it's usual resting place against the wall beside the toilet. As I stumbled in, I stepped on it, slid across the floor until my knees hit the toilet, then I flipped over the toilet and went head & left shoulder first into the bathtub. 

This was in no way, shape or form fun for me. In fact, from the time my foot hit the scales it was more of a pure, abject terror type of experience. It's really funny-odd-how many thoughts can go through your mind in such a short period of time, the main one being---OMG--will I survive this and if so, how long will I be hospitalized??

When I realized that I was still conscious and could move all my limbs fairly easily, I got up from the tub, very shaken. I then changed my sleep shorts....literally, I was going in originally to empty my bladder after all. It's very hard to remember to clamp down that bladder when you feel your very survival is possibly in question. Amazingly, I was able to go back to bed and fall back to sleep fairly easily. 

So, I had to work today for 4 hours. I got up a little sore, mostly a couple of toes on each foot, got ready, went in, had my yearly evaluation (excellent, btw), then went to my assigned post, which was sitting at a computer logging in paperwork. After doing that for a while, I turned to get up and had a really hard time doing that. My back hurt, my left shoulder hurt, my hips and knees hurt. And it had only gotten worse. I'm thinking I'm just too old to be nose diving into my tub. I will make a solemn vow to give it up, to the best of my ability.

5 comments:

Sunny said...

I hope you gave those kitties a good talking to when you got home!!!

Goodness Seacat!!! Our pets will be the death of us one day, I'm just SURE of it!!!!

If you need anything- just holla....!!!
LOL- Verification word for today is spine....which I'm sure is sore as well!! Take care hun!!!

Hugz!
Sunny-Bunny

Seacat said...

Yuh-huh.
Spine and low back and left shoulder and left knee, and most of my toes.
I'm pretty sure I heard giggling as I rode across the floor. Gotta wonder if those cats weren't playing a joke...!!

Unknown said...

I have heard it is quite difficult to stop tub-diving cold turkey. ..

Glad you're ok!!

Seacat said...

As in cold, dead turkey??!
Which is what I may be if I don't give it up.
:-)

Seacat said...

You know, I can't even remember how many mild concussions I've had over the years from stunts like this--as well as broken toes, cuts, scrapes, stitches, broken rib...etc....
It's a wonder I'm not dane bramaged from it all!

Well, maybe I should get the opinions of others on that...??!!